Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beautiful Sedona, Arizona







We spent yesterday in Sedona with Rachel & Ginger. Barry has some big deals in the works and could not leave for the day...poor guy! It was an overcast day and it did rain a little, but the area was still beautiful. The red rock formations in this area are absolutely spectacular. We had lunch at Oaxaca Restaurant and then did some shopping. When we left Sedona, Rachel suggested we go north of the town to the Oak Creek Canyon area. I was so pleased that it was Rachel's suggestion and not mine when I saw the bridge that Bob had to drive over. :-) He did really well going over the bridge and through the winding roads that followed. I may get him back to Colorado someday if he keeps improving on these mountain drives. We stopped at some booths that were selling Indian jewelry and had a treat at the Dairy Queen there. Then it was time to head back home and it started raining, although the sun was shining brightly at that time. I kept looking for a rainbow. Rachel spotted it and Bob pulled over so I could get pictures (he's getting so good at humoring me and my passion!) The pictures I'm posting are of Bell Rock, Snoopy Rock (Snoopy lying down with Woodstock on his nose), the gawd-awful bridge and the rainbow on the rocks. Have I mentioned lately that "THIS IS THE LIFE???"

2 comments:

58readytotravel said...

Great pictures Nancy. I'm always looking for rainbows too. Glad that you found one! I can sympathize with Bob driving over that bridge. I'd have my head under the covers! Good job Bob!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you and Bob are living the life. I'm getting ready to get laid off, its only me and the man I work with now. Everyone has been laid off already. Enjoy your life!!!