Friday, January 2, 2009

We Are Finally in Arizona!












We arrived in St. David, AZ yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful drive here and the campground is quite nice with a view of the mountains. We will be here a week and then go 7 miles up the road to another one of our membership parks for a week. We also had a view of the mountains at the park we stayed at in Deming, NM on Wednesday night. Since leaving Michigan in November we have had a lakefront lot, a golf resort lot and now 2 mountain view lots. This sure is a great way to live!!! We are only 15 miles north of Tombstone and we are planning to go there tomorrow. The 1st time we were there was on our way out of town and we really didn't have enough time to take it all in.


The top 2 pictures I've posted here are from the Texas Canyon in AZ. It's right at a rest area on I-10 in Benson, AZ, between the Little Dragoon Mountains on the north and the Dragoon Mountains on the south. The rock formations there are breathtaking and we appreciate Reid & Debbie giving us the tip to stop there and appreciate them. We're not sure why we haven't seen them before when passing through that area, unless it was dark when we went through. I had a very hard time picking just a couple of pictures of this area to post here (I took well over 100 pictures - thank goodness for digital cameras!)


The pictures below are from the park we stayed at in Deming, NM. The sunrise over the mountains picture was taken from the front door of our 5th wheel (I was still in my jammies) and the roadrunner in the tree was right next to our campsite. I've been trying to catch a glimpse of a roadrunner for years and not only did we see this one, but we saw another on the ground as we pulled out of the park. I've been keeping my camera on my lap as we travel and I've caught some really interesting sights.













No comments: