Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mom & Dad

We went to visit my parents on Friday. They seem to be doing so much better than they were a year ago. A year ago today was our family reunion at Kathy & Spyros' house. My Dad was slurring his words so bad then that you really couldn't understand him. He is talking perfectly clear now. That may have something to do with the fact that he was getting about 9 times as much blood pressure medication as he was supposed to. He's still having problems with is left leg, but other than that he's doing pretty good. He has a new shirt that my sister, Sue, bought for him and he is so proud of it that he insisted I take pictures of it. :-)

After we visited my parents, we went to dinner with my friend, Dianne, and her daughter, Jeni. Her husband was going with us but decided he just didn't feel too good and didn't want to give any of us his cooties. We had a great dinner at the Lion's Den and great conversation. Thanks, Dianne! Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures that night.

We've been trying to get around and see as many people as possible before we leave Michigan tomorrow. We'll be going to one of our membership parks in Monticello, IN for a week and then continue our trek west. We need to be in Albuquerque, NM in early October for the International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta. We're really excited about it. After that, we going to the Grand Canyon, then down into AZ and California after that. Have I mentioned that "This IS the life?!?!"


My Dad

My Mom

The front of Dad's new shirt :-)


The back of Dad's new shirt :-)
If you're from Michigan, you no
doubt know that Kwame Kilpatrick
was the mayor of Detroit who is now
in prison. You gotta love this shirt!
That's some funny shit...I don't care
who you are! :-)

No comments: