Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alpaca Ranch & Hermann, Missouri

Today we went to an open house at the Rockin' W Alpaca Ranch, which is just up the road from the campground. The alpacas are so cute and docile! I really enjoyed watching them. After the open house, we went Hermann, MO which is a nearby German town that was having a BarBQ & Brats festival at the city park. There were dozens of motorcycles in town, including several trikes. It was a really quaint city right on the Missouri River. On the way back, we stopped in "Swiss" at the Swiss Meat & Sausage Co. They had several varieties of meats and cheeses. I did find one beef tenderloin that was less than 3 lbs. and it was over $48.00. Holy shit! It was $17.95/lb. I have NEVER paid anywhere near that much for meat and I hope I never have to.

An alpaca

This brown one was my favorite.
I think it might have been due for
a shearing.

Time for a rest...

Downtown Hermann, MO
Hermann, MO
This trike (to the left) had an
8-cylinder engine...it rumbled!!!

No comments: