Friday, April 29, 2011

Amarillo, Texas

 We arrived in Amarillo, Texas this afternoon.  Tomorrow morning we will be heading to Oklahoma for 3 days.  Sure hope there's no tornadic activity going on!  Our RV park is right next to The Big Texan Restaurant where you get a free 72 oz. steak if you eat it and all the trimmings in an hour or less.  Bob was kind of bummed that he ate lunch today.  He's sure he could do it if he didn't have lunch.  I think we'll test him on our way through here in the fall.  Our RV park calls there to make the reservations and they send a limo right here to pick you up and take you there for the challenge. 

The Cadillac Ranch, just west of Amarillo.  It's 10 Cadillacs "planted" in the ground. 
I couldn't get a better picture because they were repaving I-40 right in front of the "ranch".

I think we've found a new way to travel around the country.  :-)

I thought this was a cute way to spell out Amarillo.

No comments: