Monday, January 24, 2011

Mt. Lemmon - Tucson, AZ

We made our trek up to Mt. Lemmon yesterday afternoon and it was so picturesque! It was about 24 miles to reach the top, which meant there were many, many curves. As Bob said at one point, "Around every curve there is a totally different scene". It was a beautiful day for a beautiful drive. I'm still amazed that Bob drove all the way up and back without the slightest hint of the jitters. I still don't know what got into him, but I'm liking it a lot! I took over 300 pictures going up & down Mt. Lemmon, so it was very difficult to choose just a few to post here.






Interesting rock formations


Beautiful vista




The Mt. Lemmon Ski Valley
at the top.

The sun hitting this formation.


I loved how the setting sun cast
a reddish gold shadow on this area.

Sunset on our way back down.


Another sunset shot.

No comments: