Monday, December 13, 2010

Winterhaven, CA & Yuma, AZ

We have spent the last week at Pilot Knob RV Park in Winterhaven, CA which is right across the state line from Yuma, AZ. There's not much to Winterhaven, so we have spent most of our time in Yuma for shopping, etc. Below are a few pictures from the past week. Tomorrow (Monday) we leave to go back to Ehrenberg, AZ for 9 days.


In the background you can
see the inland sand dunes,
which are just west of our park.

We aren't just close to the
California/Arizona border,
we're also close to Mexico...
this is the border area on the
Colorado River near here.


I saw this tree (and others
like it) in Yuma. Not sure
what kind it is, but I think
it may be the same as the
one below, just trimmed
nicely.


A tree in our RV park...I love
the white trunk.
This is the "Ocean to Ocean
Highway" bridge in Yuma.
This bridge made it possible
to travel from the Atlantic to
the Pacific on land. It was the
last link to connect the route.


For those of you who remember
when Bob had his beard and had
darker hair (and more of it)...I
was shocked when I saw this guy
at the end of Antiques Road Show.
Bob replayed it and couldn't believe
himself how much this guy looked
like him. :-) Now I'm trying to
figure out how he was in San
Antonio in 2007 and I knew nothing
about it.











1 comment: