Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Michigan to Washington, DC - October 12th & 13th

We left Michigan on Monday and travelled to the northeast corner of Ohio. We spent the night at a service plaza on the turnpike. They actually have campsites there with hook-ups and for $15.00/night and the convenience of not driving 10 miles off the highway, it was perfect for our needs. On Tuesday, we headed further east into Pennsylvania and then south to College Park, MD. Everything seemed to be going great until we were checked in at the Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park and I realized that my purse was not in the truck. We tore the truck apart and could not find it. The last time I remember getting out of the truck was at the service plaza on the PA turnpike at Somerset. I called the number of the place were we had lunch and they confirmed that my purse was there. The problem was that Somerset was over 3 hours from College Park. So, off we went to get my purse. We left CP, MD at about 5:00 and got back around 12:30 a.m. That wouldn't have been quite so bad except that we had to be at the White House at 7:15 this morning for our tour. That meant we got 2 1/2 hours sleep before we left for the tour. Anyway, the great news was that my purse was there and EVERYTHING (money, credit cards, checks, etc.) was still in it. Whew!!!


Ohio Colors


Pennsylvania Colors with the sun shining on one spot on the mountain



This could be part of the reason that I forgot my purse. We came out of the service plaza and the Weinermobile had just parked next to us. There were 2 young women in it.


The Weinermobile

1 comment:

Dianne MacDonald said...

omg - you're being stalked by the weinermoble!!!!!!!!