Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Dad

I just got a call from my sister, Sue, telling me that my Dad was taken by ambulance back to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak today. He fell in the bathroom at their apartment this afternoon and split his head open, requiring stitches. He was just released from Woodward Hills Nursing Center on Friday after a few weeks of physical and occupational therapy. After all that, they determined that he will never get any stronger or improve at all. He fell at the apt. Friday, yesterday and then again today. I'm not sure what the next step will be. He obviously requires 24-hour care now and my Mom can't take care of him. :-(

UPDATE: Sue called back and said they were having trouble regulating my Dad's heart rate, so they admitted him for observation overnight. They used 4 staples to close the wound on his head and he also had a scrape on his hand and his elbow that they treated. :-( Not a good day, for sure!

No comments: