Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update on my Mom

Today was unbelievable. We thought they were going to do a test to determine why my Mom had a heart murmur during her surgery last week. Well, the test was a cardiac cath and they found she had 80-90% blockage in her aorta. They did a balloon and a stent and said her quality of life should improve greatly. Our question was, "Why didn't her cardiologist that she's been seeing on a regular basis for years ever catch that???" We have decided that my Mom AND Dad will both be getting new doctors that practice at Beaumont Hospital. We are firing their internist and cardiologist. We told my Mom tonight that she better not even have a hangnail after this...we're tired of her springing all these surprises on us. On a really good note...her leg is really healing well and it looks like she may be OK with that. Thank goodness!!!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I am glad to hear that your Mom is doing much much better. I bet the grandkids were surprised and happy to see you two!!!

Keep in touch!
Ginger Lou

58readytotravel said...

That's great news! Mark tried to call your cellphone, but no answer. Thanks for updating your blog. We know that you both must be extremely busy!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I am so happy for you and your parents.

Gary and Margie said...

Margie and I are really happy for you and your Mom.