Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Endeavour Launch







I couldn't believe it's been more than a month since I posted here. We have been busy, but I guess we haven't been doing anything that interesting.
Here are some photos of the Endeavour Launch which we were fortunate enough to see from the Causeway at Kennedy Space Center. It was a night launch - 2:28 a.m. on March 11th. We felt like teenagers pulling an all-nighter...but it is much harder to recuperate from at this age! We didn't get back to Brooksville until 8:00 a.m. It was an awesome sight and one that I'm sure Bob & I will never get to see again and it was well worth it.
We will be leaving Florida on April 3rd and heading toward Tennessee. We plan to arrive back in Michigan on May 6th. With the price of diesel fuel skyrocketing so quickly, we may have to stay down here indefinitely. :-(

No comments: